The Lesbian Sex Mafia (LSM) is a member-driven organization with an elected Board of Officers. LSM Membership is open to all women 18 years of age or older, including trans* and intersex people who live their daily lives as women and all female-born transgender people who feel they have a connection to and respect for the women’s community, and who are interested in fantasy and role playing, bondage, discipline, S/M, fetishes, costumes, alternate gender identities and uninhibited sexual expression in a safe, sane, consensual and confidential way.
Interested in becoming a member?
Attend our next workshop or open board meeting to get a taste of what being a member looks like.
Experience is not required, but a genuine interest and an open mind are. Women who do not have a personal interest or who are motivated merely by curiosity, personal gain, fashion, or professional research are not appropriate members. Our principles are few but basic: confidentiality, consensuality, safety and the right of women to explore their sexuality as they choose.
Benefits of Membership
Why Join? LSM is a member-based organization. Without your support, we cannot provide the educational and social opportunities you’ve enjoyed over the years. In addition to supporting New York’s oldest women-focused BDSM organization, you also get:
- Reduced admission to LSM meetings ($5 instead of $10).
- Discount admission to LSM parties and reduced merch prices.
- Reciprocity with groups like The Exiles (San Francisco).
- 10% off discount at kink friendly stores such as Purple Passion, Babeland, and The Pleasure Chest.
Sign up between January and August and dues are $35 ($20 for students and seniors).
Sign up between September and December and dues are $20 ($10 for students and seniors).
Please note: memberships expire at the end of the calendar year.
How to Become a Member
There are two important steps to become an LSM Member.
- Become an LSM Pledge: Complete our membership application and pay the membership dues. You’ll receive a membership pledge card. Congratulations, you are now an LSM Pledge!
- Attend a Member Orientation: You must attend an Orientation Meeting and bring your pledge card. At the end of Orientation, you’ll receive your membership card! If you miss our annual January orientation, you can attend one of our future, regularly occurring orientations. Upcoming orientations are announced on our email list, FetLife group, and social media.
If you were a member last year, just pay your dues!
If you’ve ever been a member and your membership lapsed, complete the application and pick up your new membership card at one of our in person events. LSM will mail your membership card to you if you are no longer in the tri-state area.
What are you waiting for? Time to fill out the Membership Application!
Interested in signing up for our announcements list? Send us an e-mail with the subject “Announcements List Subscription” to [email protected]. You can also subscribe instantly to our LSM Google Calendar as well.